Sunday 9 March 2014

What I Miss

Living outside where I am originally from is a special experience and I am really enjoying it. It makes me feel special when I talk with my friends and cousins living in Korea. I love living in Vietnam, but at some points I miss living in Korea.


Myeong Dong in Seoul.
Food, clothes, service and other things from Vietnam is not as good as in Korean. When I need those, I become a little bit upset, because I can't get them in Vietnam. I have to buy those when I visit Korea, but the thing is that I only visit Korea once a year. When I visit Korea, I buy a bunch of things I wrote down on my wishing list.




Korean TV Shows

Not only do I miss Korean products, I also miss Korean television shows. When I was in Korea, I used to watch television everyday. But since I moved to Vietnam, I don't anymore. It is kind of good thing because that makes me concentrate more on my academics. However, recently when Sochi Winter Olympic was held, I was sad that I couldn't see Korean  players participating in the game. That made me want to go back to Korea and watch the Olympic together with my family and relatives and cheer for them!
일산서구 부동산 가좌
The apartment I lived in when I was living in Korea

Home, when you think of home mostly that reminds you of family, friends and your neighborhood. Well, it does remind me of those too! My relatives, my old friends, I miss all of them. I wish I could go back to when I played with my friends, not caring about my homework, and other stressful things. But when I visit Korea, it's really hard to meet my friends again because students in Korea study all the time. So they don't have any time to hang out with me. When I see them that makes me happy cause I don't have to study as much as them, because in Korea, it's incredibly hard to get in to universities. But when you live in foreign countries, they give you a special chance of getting into university without taking many exams like they do in Korea.

Korean (Hangul)

Korean People

I also miss the people and language. I know most Vietnamese people are very kind, but I have heard of so many stories of bad Vietnamese people, so when I go out alone or without adults, I get little bit afraid. But even when I go out alone or without adults,in Korea it never scares me because I know most of the Koreans don't do that. Of course there are many bad Koreans but somehow I don't get afraid. For language, when I try to communicate with Vietnamese people such s when I ask them the directions and other things, I don't know what to say and I don't know what they say. Sometimes, I hear Vietnamese people looking at me and talking about me. Of course in Korea that never happens. So I wish I could understand what people say.

Listing these, I just realized that a part of me was always missing Korea somehow. I always thought I didn't miss living in Korea that much. But now I feel like visiting Korea even though I did last month! But I am sure when I go back to Korea, I will miss my life in Hanoi.


1 comment: